The Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario (CDSBEO) offers a five month accredited Personal Support Worker (PSW) program. This accredited program (which follows the training standards set out by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities) is offered beginning in either September or January/February.
The cost of the program is $1,100, which includes 330 hours of in-class instruction, 90 hours of supervised clinical workplace experience, 270 hours of co-op/consolidation workplace experience (with both long-term care and community placements), and 7 senior secondary school credits towards the Ontario Secondary Diploma requirements (for those who require additional credits to obtain their high school diploma).
Fall Registration Session dates for the September program intake have been scheduled as listed. Please visit our Registration Sessions page to register online for one of the following Personal Support Worker sessions, or call 613-284-2613.
- Brockville: August 23rd- St. Mary Catholic High School – 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Smiths Falls: August 28th– Hanley Hall – 1:00 t0 3:00 p.m. Part time and bridging program as well
- Cornwall: August 30th– Cornwall Board Office – 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- Kemptville: August 24th– St. Michael Catholic High School –1:00 t0 3:00 p.m.
- Vankleek Hill: August 31st – St. Jude Catholic School –1:00 t0 3:00 p.m.
The cost of the program is $1,100.00. This amount is due in full prior to the start of the program. Late fees will not be accepted unless it is approved in advance by the PSW Coordinator.
A payment plan may be worked out with approval from the PSW Coordinator, Kevin Dionne.
Please click on the links to the right for more information about the program.
Please call us for more information at 613-284-2613. We look forward to welcoming you to our program!