The cost of the program is $1,100.00. This amount is due in full prior to the start of the program. Late fees will not be accepted unless it is approved in advance by the PSW Coordinator.
The following are some of the requirements for acceptance into the program:
- Be able to commute to classes and clinical/work placements
- Have the fitness level necessary to perform the duties required of a PSW
- Be nineteen years of age or older
- Be an Ontario resident – provide 1 copy of proof of residency (please provide one of the following; driver’s license, tax bill, lease agreement, cable/TV bill, etc.)
- A clear vulnerable sector screening check
- An up to date immunization record (blood titres must accompany the immunization record – it is required for placements)
- Current Two Step TB test (if step one-skin test-is positive – you must include a chest x-ray showing report of “no active TB”)
- Influenza vaccination (influenza vaccine is mandatory for clinical and co-op placements)
- Canadian Birth Certificate *Please note that if you are a non-Canadian citizen, you will need to present at the orientation session proof of “Citizenship & Immigration Canada” documentation. A form “Confirmation of Residency and Eligibility” must be completed and signed confirming that the data on the form is accurate. It will be examined to verify eligibility by the Continuing Education school official.
- Secondary School Transcript (note: if you have an IEP, please provide us with it, so we can guide you accordingly)
- Current resume or list of jobs you held along with dates you worked
In accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Tuition Fee Operating Procedures, students must submit formal written notification of withdrawal within 10 business days of the beginning of a course to receive a refund of fees for the current term.
Students who withdraw prior to and including the 10th day of the term must contact Hanley Hall School of Alternative and Continuing Education and their instructor or coordinator. Students who withdraw by the 10th day will then be refunded for:
a) all term tuition and ancillary fees assessed and paid, less $500.00 administrative fee and any service charges (e.g. installment fee, late fee, deferral fee, etc.)
Students who withdraw after the 10th day of the term will not receive a refund for the current term. Students may be able to re-embark with us for the following semester program.
Students who withdraw after the 10th day of the term, and who have outstanding fees for the current term, are and may be held liable for those outstanding fees upon the discretion of the Principal and Department of Finance.
Students who do not officially withdraw will be liable for all fees assessed.
The following actions DO NOT constitute Official Withdrawals:
Verbally or electronically notifying your instructor, coordinator of the program or Hanley Hall school staff
Copyright 2014, Queen’s Printer for Ontario